The Alipay Order Code Payment enables merchants and customers a smooth payment experience.
To initiate a payment, the merchant generates a QR code with the order information for customers to scan. After scanning the code, the customer can check the order information before completing the payment.
This payment method is suitable for retail and self-service scenarios as customers can complete payments without entering the payment amount, and get the payment result instantly.
The Alipay Order Code Payment product provides the following benefits to partners:
- One integration, multiple opportunities: Enables merchants to accept popular payment methods preferred by customers from around the globe. This creates more opportunities for successful transactions and increased revenue.
- Low cost integration: After integrating once with Alipay, merchants can accept new wallets in cooperation with Alipay without any additional integration. This enables merchants to expand its payment acceptance efficiently.
- Powerful risk management: A robust risk control engine manages the risks of buyers, sellers, and transactions, ensuring the funds' security.
- Competitive exchange rates: Attractive exchange rates that help merchants get more transactions.
- Multi-currency settlement: Multiple settlement currencies are supported, enabling merchants to accept settlements in a wide variety of currencies.
- Comprehensive Merchant Service: Business and technical support for sellers around the world.
The Alipay Order Code Payment product provides a convenient and secure way to pay. Customers can complete the payment in just a few steps:
- The customer scans the order code generated by the merchant.
- The customer confirms to pay.
- The customer gets the payment result.
Figure 1. User experience of the Order Code Payment product
The merchant sends a request for Alipay to create an order QR code. Alipay returns a QR code to the merchant, which can be presented to the user to be scanned. After scanning the QR code, Alipay+ Mobile Payment Partner (Alipay+ MPP) gets the order details for the user to confirm. If the user confirms to pay, Alipay+ MPP processes the payment and sends the payment status notification to Alipay. Alipay returns the payment status notification to the merchant.
Figure 2. Order Code Payment product flow
In the Alipay Order Code Payment product, the following four roles are involved:
- User: An individual or institution that uses the payment service. The customer's funds are ultimately delivered to the merchant through the payment service provider.
- Merchant: A company or individual that trades on goods or services. The acquiring institution will settle the funds to the merchants on a regular basis.
- Alipay: Alipay merchant service, provided by Alipay.
- Alipay+ Mobile Payment Partner: Alipay+ Mobile Payment Partner, an organization that processes payment services and other value-added services on behalf of the payer.
Three integration modes are provided for implementing the integration: integration by the merchant, integration by the system integrator, and integration by ISV. For more details, see Integration mode.
Use the order code product when the following criteria are matched:
User authorization provider
Alipay+ Mobile Payment Partner (Alipay+ MPP)
User authorization method
User authorization provided by Alipay+ MPP
Device with a screen
QR code owner
QR code issuer
Table 1. Service criteria
Terms and definitions
Key terms and corresponding definitions used in the Order Code Payment product:
- Acquirer (ACQ): An institution that processes payments on behalf of Merchants.
- Code issuer: A party that complies with this standard. It usually has the ability to decode and obtain the business information associated with the code.
- In-store payment: The activity that a user goes to a merchant's place of business and conducts face-to-face payments with the merchant.
- QR code: Quick Response Code as defined in ISO/IEC 18004.
- Order code: The merchant-presented code for users to scan and identify the order to which payment is made.