Combined Payment allows buyers to complete purchases from various merchants with a single checkout process. After the payment is completed, Alipay settles the funds separately to the corresponding merchants. Combined Payment can be applied to various scenarios, including but not limited to:
- E-commerce platforms, where buyers can make purchases from multiple merchants and make a combined payment.
- Payment scenarios such as air travel, where buyers can make a single payment for both flight tickets and insurance, which are provided by different merchants.
Combined Payment supports one-time checkout for products purchased from multiple merchants and in various currencies. Buyers can make payments without being aware of the differences between merchants, therefore enhancing the buyer's user experience. With Combined Payment, you can:
- Increase average order value
- Improve shopping cart conversion rate
- Boost your Gross Merchandise Volume (GMV)
The user experience for Combined Payment is as follows:
Figure 1. User experience for Combined Payment
Payment: Buyers can select products from multiple merchants in their shopping cart and make a combined payment.
Refund: Buyers can make a partial or full refund.
Using the example of a buyer shopping on an e-commerce platform and making a combined payment for products from multiple merchants, the system workflow is as follows:
Figure 2. Combined payment workflow
Using the example of a buyer requesting a refund after shopping on an e-commerce platform, the system workflow is as follows:
Figure 3. Refund workflow