Alipay Cashier Payment is a simple, secure payment experience that allows consumers to purchase with their digital wallet on your site. Shoppers can conveniently select their specific digital wallet payment method and make payments seamlessly.
With Alipay Developer Center, you can get set-up easily and find the development resources to integrate Alipay's APIs into your custom application. Our knowledge base articles can help you with using our APIs, and enable you to incorporate Alipay's functionality into your web and mobile apps easily.
Alipay provides several key advantages, such as:
Truly glocalized (global + local)
With both local settlement and cross-border settlement supported, you can accept payments in multiple currencies across the world and allow customers to pay in their local currencies.
Alipay has a built-in security mechanism and rule-based risk management, and evaluates the risk of every transaction. This ensures that each transaction is highly secured and executed hassle free.
Rapidly build production-ready integrations with APIs. With Alipay Developer Center, you can get started easily and obtain development resources required for a successful integration. In addition, limited integration costs are needed when you add a new wallet product to expand your business in the future.
Enhanced payment experience
Create an easy way for consumers to pay on your site. The use of Alipay removes language or cultural barriers and creates a familiar experience for many consumers.
The following figure illustrates how a consumer places an order in a shopping app, and then uses the GCash digital wallet to perform the payment.
Figure 1. Cashier payment user experience
#How it works
In Cashier Payment, the following roles are involved:
- Customer: An individual or institution that uses the payment service.
- Merchant: A company or individual that trades on goods or services.
- Alipay: Alipay provides the Cashier Payment service.
- Alipay+ MPP: Alipay+ Mobile Payment Partner. In Cashier Payment, an Alipay+ Mobile Payment Partner is a digital wallet, such as GCash.
Figure 2. Cashier Payment workflow
The Cashier Payment workflow contains the following steps:
- The customer selects goods online and selects an Alipay+ MPP wallet app to pay.
- The merchant sends the payment request to Alipay.
- Alipay returns the Cashier URL of Alipay+ MPP.
- The merchant redirects the user to the Cashier.
- The customer inputs payment information to complete the payment.
- The customer is redirected to the merchant page and the payment result is presented.
- The Alipay+ MPP wallet sends payment result to Alipay.
- Alipay notifies the merchant of the payment result asynchronously.
Cashier payment has the following features:
Payment methods decision maker
Payment initiated by
Alipay+ Mobile Payment Partner (Alipay+ MPP)
User authorization method
User authorization provided by Alipay+ MPP
Payment expiration time
The default value is 14 minutes. This value can be specified by the paymentExpiryTime field in the pay interface.
Note: For DANA and GCash, the payment expiration time can only be smaller than 14 minutes if using the paymentExpiryTime field to specify.
Table 1: Cashier payment features