With the Alipay Entry Code Payment product, users can scan the entry code generated by the merchant and enter the payment amount to complete the payment. Merchants do not need to apply an updated QR code or purchase any equipment for collecting payment if merchants join the Alipay network. Besides, the payment page can be customized by the merchant to offer a better and localized payment experience.
Alipay Entry Code Payment product provides following benefits to partners:
- One-point access, global income: Supports the merchant to accept global payments and obtain global customers, which leads to an increase of transactions and revenue.
- Low cost integration: No additional integration costs needed when you add new wallet product to expand your business after integrating Alipay the first time.
- Powerful risk management: Powerful risk control engine offered, managing the risks of buyers, sellers, and transactions and ensuring the security of funds.
- Best exchange rate: Competitive exchange rates provided, helping merchants to get more transactions.
- Multi-currency settlement: Multiple settlement currencies supported. Accept settlement with the currency of your choice.
- Comprehensive Merchant Service: Timely and comprehensive support and assistance to buyers and sellers around the world.
Alipay Entry Code Payment product provides a convenient and secure way to pay. Customers can complete the payment in just a few easy steps:
- The customer scans the entry code generated by the merchant.
- The customer enters the payment amount and confirms to pay.
- The customer gets the payment result.
Figure 1. User experience for entry code payment
The user scans the entry code and enters the payment amount to complete the payment. A payment request is initiated and sent to Alipay. Alipay processes the payment and returns the payment scheme to the request initiator. The request initiator triggers the cashier in the customer wallet to make the customer confirm the payment. Alipay+ Mobile Payment Partner (Alipay+ MPP) receives the confirmed payment and presents the payment result page to the customer. Alipay+ MPP also sends the payment status notification to Alipay. After getting the payment result from Alipay+ MPP, Alipay sends the payment status notification to the merchant.
Figure 2. Entry Code Payment product flow
In the Alipay Entry Code Payment product, the following four roles are involved:
- User: An individual or institution that uses the payment service. The customer's funds are ultimately delivered to the merchant through the payment service provider.
- Merchant: A company or individual that trades on goods or services. The acquiring institution will settle the funds to the merchants on a regular basis.
- Alipay: Alipay merchant services, provided by Alipay.
- Alipay+ Mobile Payment Partner: Alipay+ Mobile Payment Partner, an organization that processes payment services and other value-added services on behalf of the payer.
Three integration modes are provided for implementing the integration: integration by the merchant, integration by the system integrator, and integration by ISV. For more details, see Integration mode.
Use the Entry Code Payment when the following criteria are matched:
User authorization provider
Alipay+ Mobile Payment Partner (Alipay+ MPP)
User authorization method
User authorization provided by Alipay+ MPP
No device requirement
Entry code owner
Entry code issuer
Table 1. Service criteria
Terms and definitions
Key terms and corresponding definitions used in the Entry Code Payment product:
- Acquirer (ACQ): An institution that processes payments on behalf of Merchants.
- Code issuer: A party that complies with this standard. It usually has the ability to decode and obtain the business information associated with the code.
- In-store payment: The activity that a user goes to a merchant's place of business and conducts face-to-face payments with the merchant.
- QR code: Quick Response Code as defined in ISO/IEC 18004.